Important Please read carefully.
The student renter (“LESSEE”) does hereby agree to rent, from Collegiate Concepts, Inc. (“CCI”), a LOFT according to the following terms:
- In cases where the LOFT is to be picked up at a central location, the LESSEE is responsible for going to that location.
- CCI will, at its own discretion and expense, replace or repair the LOFT should it fail to operate properly.
- Payment will be processed upon receipt of order. Orders will not be processed in cases where credit card authorization is not obtained. Full payment must accompany order.
- The LESSEE agrees that CCI will be allowed to enter the student’s room to install or remove the LOFT (if applicable), within school guidelines. CCI personnel will be accompanied by appropriate school personnel.
- The LESSEE agrees to reimburse CCI for any and all loss or damage to the LOFT from any cause whatsoever. If legal action is required, LESSEE agrees to reimburse CCI reasonable attorney’s fees. In the event that the unit is not returned, the replacement cost for the LOFT will be $275.00. Damage charges will be assessed accordingly, if LESSEE returns loft either painted or with decals or stickers attached.
- The return date for the Rental Unit is determined in conjunction with the school’s Housing or Residential Life Office. The return date can be as early as one week prior to final exams. The actual date can be communicated via a pick-up notice/email and/or posters on campus.
- If LESSEE decides to move or transfer anytime during the academic year, including semester break, he/she must notify CCI of his/her intention no less than three weeks prior to moving.
- CCI recommends the use of its optional safety rail to prevent falls while using the LOFT. Lessee agrees he/she is aware of this safety option.
I understand the use of this LOFT and/or safety rail is undertaken at my personal risk. I assume all risk whatsoever of personal injury, or death, whether of myself, or others, as well as property damage resulting from the use of this LOFT and/or safety rail. I further agree to release and hold Lessor, and my education institution harmless from any and all liability for any claims, demands, injuries, actions or causes of action, whatsoever, arising out of the use of this LOFT and/or safety rail device. I agree the LOFT is for my own personal use and is not designed to support two or more persons
Please keep the above Rental Agreement for your records.
CCI P.O. Box 310, Huxley, IA 50124, 888-929-0806.